Write Score is ready for Florida's B.E.S.T. Standards at all grade levels.
- Assessments and lessons are aligned to standards.
- Program includes article banks, civics content, narrative lessons, and more.
- Tools are included to help transition from Florida Standards to Florida B.E.S.T. Standards.
Text-Based Writing Assessments
Comprehensive Writing Data
Robust Instructional Materials
- Provide authentic writing experiences with hand-scored results.
- Available in narrative, expository, & argumentative genres.
- Prepare students to successfully navigate the state writing assessment.
- Demystifies students’ writing weaknesses with pinpointed results in 10+ areas.
- Provides student, class, school, and district-level information.
- Includes data access for students and educators.
- Support writing instruction and save teachers’ time.
- Include valuable standards-based lesson plans, activities, presentations, article banks, and more.
- Are part of our Educator Portal.
FLORIDA B.E.S.T. ASSESSMENTS & RESOURCES
Grades K, 1, & 2 include assessments and resources for emergent writers in Narrative, Expository, and Argumentative (Opinion) genres. Students will grow and develop as writers as they begin to anchor their written responses firmly to the text.
Grades 3, 4, & 5 include assessments and resources for writers in Narrative, Expository, and Argumentative genres. Students will continue to grow as writers as they anchor written responses firmly to the text, using a variety of textual evidence to support their points.
Middle School Grades include assessments and resources for writers in Narrative, Expository, and Argumentative genres. Students will improve their writing skills as they continue writing in multiple text-based genres with increasing levels of complexity.
High School Grades include assessments and resources for writers, primarily in Expository and Argumentative genres. Students will continue to improve their writing craft as they continue writing text-based Expository and Argumentative pieces in assessments.
Each student’s essay is hand-scored analytically using data points that align directly with state assessment rubrics.
Our professional scorers go beyond just reporting analytical scores in each of the three anticipated reporting categories: Purpose & Structure, Development, and Language*. Within those reporting categories, specific response details help identify weaknesses within a student’s writing and in making instructional decisions.
*Subject to change upon state-released information.