- Students who use our online program have a testing experience that is very similar to the state writing assessment in both structure and difficulty.
- Each assessment includes grade-appropriate articles with annotated text features, multiple choice questions, and one long performance task essay prompt in your chosen genre.
- Genres include narrative, informational/explanatory, and opinion/argumentative.
- Assessments are administered via our online testing platform or paper-pencil.
- Digital tools in our online platform allow for students to practice and become comfortable with digital composition.
How Do Students Assess?
- Schools choose either online or paper-pencil assessments.
- Online assessments are school scheduled and available for a window of time.
- Students type and submit assessments via our online testing platform.
- After the testing window closes, professional scorers read and hand-score students’ responses.
- Paper-pencil assessments are scheduled, then printed and shipped directly to the school.
- Students write their responses on provided answer sheets.
- Schools return student responses in provided, pre-paid packaging.
- Write Score uploads students’ responses, and professional scorers read, and hand-score them to the data points that align with the state assessment rubrics.