Write Score provides Georgia Performance Standards and Georgia Milestones-aligned content at all grade levels.
- Assessments and lessons are aligned to standards and state-assessments.
- Program includes articles banks, lessons, graphic organizers, and more.
- Tools are included to help students grow as writers.
Text-Based Writing Assessments
Comprehensive Writing Data
Robust Instructional Materials
- Provide authentic writing experiences with hand-scored results.
- Available in narrative, informational/explanatory, and opinion/argumentative genres.
- Prepare students to successfully navigate the state writing assessment.
- Demystifies students’ writing weaknesses with pinpointed results in 10+ areas.
- Provides student, class, school, and district-level information.
- Includes data access for students and educators.
- Support writing instruction and save teachers’ time.
- Include valuable standards-based lesson plans, activities, presentations, article banks, and more.
- Are part of our Educator Portal.
GEORGIA MILESTONES ASSESSMENTS & RESOURCES
Grades K, 1, & 2 include assessments and resources for emergent writers in Narrative, Informational, and Opinion genres. Students will grow and develop as writers as they begin to anchor their written responses firmly to the text.
Grades 3, 4, & 5 include assessments and resources for writers in Informational and Opinion genres. Students will continue to grow as writers as they anchor written responses firmly to the text, using a variety of textual evidence to support their points.
Middle School Grades include assessments and resources for writers in Explanatory and Argumentative genres. Students will improve their writing skills as they continue writing in multiple text-based genres with increasing levels of complexity.
High School Grades include assessments and resources for writers, primarily in Explanatory and Argumentative genres. Students will continue to improve their writing craft as they continue writing text-based Expository and Argumentative pieces in assessments.
Each student’s essay is hand-scored analytically using data points that align directly with state assessment rubrics.
Our professional scorers go beyond just reporting analytical scores in each of the two reporting categories (Idea Development, Organization, and Coherence; and Language & Conventions). Within those reporting categories, specific response details help identify weaknesses within a student’s writing and in making instructional decisions.