Teachers are busy. Our tools help.
Write Score includes a bank of instructional materials aligned to standards and each data point in our scoring criteria – connecting students’ areas of need with resources.
- Write Score data pinpoints students’ writing weaknesses; supporting instructional materials provide resources for instruction on those weaknesses.
- Bank of lesson sets available at the beginning of the year for each topic on which we score, including everything from introductions to attributions, and transitions to development of support.
- Includes Scope & Sequences.
- Easy-to-follow lesson plan, a PowerPoint that is grade- and age-level appropriate with relatable content, a student handout, and a teachers’ edition. Many lessons also contain an additional resource such as additional texts, a graphic organizer, or other handout.
- Article banks, including civics content, provide teachers access to texts and text sets.
- Post-assessment resources include access to the actual student assessment and an annotated, high-scoring exemplar essay.
- 40 lesson series for writing strong paragraphs and 45 lesson series for writing strong essays (grades 2, 3, 4 & 5)
Animated Video Series Samples
Our fan-favorite animated writing series with student activities, “Sharpen Up,” is available for grades 3, 4, & 5.
Instructional Material Samples
Write Score’s Online Educator Portal is a valuable tool for enriching classroom instruction, personalizing learning, and tracking students’ growth. Teachers and administrators will find the information they need in their customized dashboards including:
- Step-by-step instructions, rosters, video tutorials.
- Grade-level Standards Explorer.
- Student test monitoring in real time to quickly note overall class and grade-level testing completion percentages and progress.
- Multiple detailed and accessible data reports to facilitate the analysis of student performance, helping instructors identify specific weaknesses, strengths, and trends.
- Each grade level of our writing program includes a large bank of engaging lesson plans and resources that correlate to data reports, helping simplify targeted instruction.